In blogger/ blogspot there are no plug ins available which will allow you to insert ads within the post that’s why it is important to know how to insert the adsense code within the post for blogger or blogspot. I will try to walk you through the process of inserting the adsense code in your blogpsot or blogger blog through this post.
1. First you need to log in to your blogger dashboard.
2. From the dashboard click “Layout” button under the blog where you want the adsense code placed.
3. You will be directed to the “Layout” page under the tab of “Page Elements”. Beside this tab are a few other tabs. Click the tab “Edit HTML”.
4. You will be directed to the Edit Template page. Above that line click “Download Full Template” first to back up your template in case something goes wrong.
5. Next, check the tick box beside “Expand Widget Templates”.
6. Search for the code “data:post.body” . If you are using Firefox, just type Ctrl+F and copy the code and paste it on the “Find” toolbar that appeared at the bottom when you pressed Ctrl+F. It will automatically bring you the code you are looking for.
7. Copy the code below:
8. Paste the code you copied above the <data:post.body> line in the “Edit HTML” page. Below is what your codes should look like after you have pasted (the highlighted part). DO NOT SAVE THE TEMPLATE YET.
9. Next, copy the adsense code you want to insert in the post. Do not paste it on the template yet because you need to convert it to embed it directly into your new xml Blogger template. Go to the adsense code converter page and paste the adsense code on the field and click “CONVERT AD CODE”. Click the “HIGHLIGHT ALL” and then copy the converted ad code.
10. Paste the converted adsense code into the template. You should paste the converted adsense code in the line where “Insert Adsense code here, make sure to use ad code converter” is and replace that text with the converted adsense code.
Below is what your template should look like after pasting the converted adsense code. In my example, I used a 336×280 square ad. You can use any size of ad you like.
After pasting you can now click “Save Template”.
Once you have saved, you can try checking your blog. For this particular code the ads will only appear in the post and not in the home page. I hope my explanation on how to insert the adsense code within the post for blogspot or blogger blogs is clear and understandable. Feel free to give suggestions or additional information.