I have learned how to buy or purchase a domain through blogger and have my blogspot blog redirect automatically to the domain that I purchased. I will try to explain this as best as I can through this post.
This is for those who have blogspot.com blog and wish to get their own domain name through blogger instead of buying the domain from other sites that sell domains. The advantage is blogger will set up the domain for the one who buys the domain. Blogger will also automatically redirect the blogspot blog to the new domain.
If this is what you need to do here are the steps:
1) Log in to your blogger account.
When you are logged in you will land on your blogger dashboard.
2) Click the “settings” button of the blog which you want to be redirected to the domain name you will be purchasing (if you have multiple blogs).
You will now land on the ‘settings’ page under the tab ‘basic’.
3) Next, click the ‘publishing’ tab.
You will then land on the ‘publishing’ page.
4) Click the ‘Custom Domain’ link.
Clicking that will make you land on a page where you can buy your own domain name.
Under the words ‘Buy a domain for your blog’, you will see the question “What address would you like your blog to have?”
5) At the right of that question, type in the domain name you want and choose from .com, .org, .net, .info or .biz.
6) Click “Check Availablity”
Yous should have a list of optional domain names in the one you first selected is not available anymore when you click the “Check Availability” button.
6) If the domain you want is available, the only payment option available is through credit card.
7) When you have paid for it, make sure you check the appropriate box to redirect your blogspot blog to your new domain.
In a few days or hopefully right away, you will be able to access your blog using your new domain. Blogger will be the one to set up the domain and the redirection of your blogspot blog.
I hope these steps on how to buy a domain name from blogger and how to have your blogspot blog redirect to a new domain name purchased from blogger is helpful.